Hopefully, you’ve taken down and stored your holiday decorations by now. If not, this should be the first item on your January checklist. Here are some other suggestions you should consider doing to keep your home in tip top shape.
- Create an inventory of your home’s furnishings and valuable possessions to use should you need to file an insurance claim. Take pictures of the inside and outside of your home.
- Replace your HVAC filter or wash permanent filters.
- Clean under and behind your refrigerator including the coils. Check the refrigerator’s water filter to see if it needs replacing.
- Deep clean your stove, oven and range hood fan.
- Give your drains a good cleaning by adding one-half-cup baking soda followed by one-half-cup white vinegar. After 10 minutes, flush with boiling water.
- Clean lint from under laundry appliances, especially the dryer. Use specifically-designed tools to carefully clean the lint filter and dryer vent outlet.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and check the charge on your fire extinguishers.
- Check and test GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) outlets to make sure they are working properly.
- Check grout/caulking in tile and marble in wet areas (showers, sinks, etc.); repair as needed.
- Drain the water from your water heater to prevent sediment built up,
Buy Your Side Home Inspections protects home buyers all throughout Osceola County with the most thorough and affordable home inspections available. Call 407-780-0911 for more Information on how to save money by doing a Home Inspection!