Your roof is a major component of your home protecting the structure from all kinds of things that want to invade and damage the interior. At Buy Your Side Home Inspections, inspecting all the components of the roof is what we do everyday.
Here are 6 tips you can easily do to maintain and extend the life of your roof.
- Inspect your roof a minimum of twice a year (especially after major storms) from ground level using binoculars. Viewing your roof from a neighbor’s home with their permission can also be another vantage point.
- Remove excess debris such as leaves, sticks and any other material that may be caught inside your gutters.
- Trim tree branches to prevent them from hanging over your roof.
- Examine caulking around chimney vents and reseal if necessary.
- Repair and/or replace missing tiles or shingles before further roof damage occurs.
- Check skylight seals for leaks and reseal if necessary.
If your home needs a checkup, Buy Your Side Home Inspection will ensure that your home is in top condition or let you how to get it that way in the most financially sensible manner. Call Central Florida’s most respected Home Inspection Service. 407.780.0911.